What are harem pants?
Harem pants are baggy, long pants that are fitted at the ankle. The style originated in South Asia, and it’s worn by women all over the world. To learn more read: Fashion Archives: A look at the history of harem pants
These comfy boho essentials can be edgy, daring and super chic! You can wear them to the beach, a casual picnic, yoga classes, music festivals, and so on, the options are countless, all you need to do is style your harem pants according to the occasion and you will be good to go.
How to style and wear harem pants?
Some people may be hesitant to wear harem pants or feel unsure about what to pair them with, there are many different options and looks you can create. Here are some tips on how to wear and style these extremely comfortable pants.
- For casual outfit, style your harem pants with a basic t-shirt, a simple tank-top or a cute crop top. Harem pants come in beautiful prints and styles, go for neutral colours tops like black, beige, white, or pastels in solid colours.
- For an edgy look: wear them with a crop or bralette top, you could also wear a graphic tee, go for slightly oversized loose tees and tie a knot on the side or the front to give it a laidback look.
- Harem pants are perfect for the beach when you wear them with a simple bikini top and use a kimono as a cover-up. Colourful tops or a crochet top can also look amazing with these boho pants. Beach accessories should be simple
- For yoga: harem pants are a must for every yogi because they are lightweight and add beautiful movement to your practice. Wear them with a sports bra or an active top.
- Workday: Neutral coloured harem pants in solid black, beige or white look exceptionally well for work, you can easily wear neutral tops and shirts like black, navy blue, white, and even orange if you are wearing printed harem pants. Add a blazer or cardigan, classic heels and a piece of jewelry to be work-ready.
- Let the pants be the main focus of the outfit. These pants are meant to be bold, feminine, and sexy by having a high waist, slouchy crouch and cropped legs. When wearing them, let your other pieces and accessories stay simple so you do not have a look with too much going on. Wear a simple tank or a sleeveless top, classic heels or flats, a pair of hoops earrings, a clutch, and a cropped cardigan or blazer to complete your overall look
- Keep jewelry to a minimum. Choose simple earrings and a simple necklace or bracelet.
- For those lazy days, throw a pair of comfy harem pants, pair them with a simple tank and flats to create a cozy and relaxed look.
- Picking the shoes: Sandals are a must-have, combine simple design sandals with a patterned pair of loose-fitting harem pants.
- Wear Heels: No matter what type of harem pants we choose, when we add a pair of high-heeled shoes, our look immediately becomes more stylish and feminine.
- Harem pants can be combined with pointy toe or kitten heels, perfect for a formal event. Wear flat shoes for a girly look, simple ballet flats are one of the options we can choose to wear with harem pants. Another casual everyday outfit are slip-ons, for a cute and effortless style.
- Wedges are definitely the way to add more style to your outfit, they combine well with harem pants in any colour. Make sure that the colour of your wedges matches your harem pants. These can be perfectly combined with a striped or a solid colour blazer to finish the look.
- Go for harem pants that are made from natural fabric like silk or cotton, these materials provide a good drape in all the right spots. These pants already have a casual vibe because of their fit, so it is important to find fabric that will stay wrinkle-free
There is a reason harem pants for women are gaining popularity because not only do they look stylish, they are extremely comfortable as well. You can dress them up or down, and it looks great for any occasion. Opt for harem pants if you don’t want to wear tight skinny jeans anymore and if you want to add some variety to your everyday boho outfits.
What do you think about harem pants? How do you wear them? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
🌵 You can see more of our boho adventures and collection on instagram @yantrabohemiaboutique
🌷 Tag us #bohowithyantra to show off your boho outfit and for a chance to get featured on our feed!
Sending good vibes your way,